Support health and healing for all by becoming a member of Vancouver Aboriginal Health Society
We value all levels of professional, grassroots, education, and lived experience. To ensure we are meeting the needs and priorities of our community, we strongly encourage current/former VAHS clients and Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) people in the Vancouver area to become a member.
New members and Directors will be confirmed at the next VAHS Board of Directors meeting. A $1.00 annual membership fee will be due for all approved members. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval.
To apply for membership, complete the application form at the bottom of this page and email it to [email protected]
Why become a member?
As a member of VAHS, you can:
- Support the VAHS purposes, vision, and mission
- Help grow VAHS programs and services
- Be a part of strategic planning and policy development
- Elect the Board of Directors and apply for open Board positions
- Gain experience in not-for-profit governance
- Participate in committees and special events
- Advocate for issues important to you
- Connect with other members
- Vote in general meetings
- Give back to your community
Member duties include:
- Attending the Annual General Meeting and other special/general meetings
- Participating in committees and events (encouraged, but not required)
- Being accountable to all VAHS by-laws
VAHS New Member Application Form
If you have any questions or experience technical issues, please email [email protected]