VAHS Indigenous Early Years (IEY) is seeking Casual Childminders. Under the supervision of the Director of Indigenous Early Years, the Childminder will provide care to children attending on-site groups offered at the IEY programs. The Childminder prepares activities for the children and serves child-friendly snacks prepared by our Cook. The Childminder tries to incorporate Indigenous cultural activities to enhance and develop a sense of cultural pride for the children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Watches and engages with children while in the childminding room.
- Develops play areas suitable for children to play and engage safely.
- Informs parents when their child needs diapering.
- Cleans and sanitizes the room and toys before and after every group.
- Inspects toys and utilities for safety, checking for wear and tear, and disposing of any unsafe materials.
POSITION AND WAGE
This is a Casual BCGEU position with a starting wage of $19.48/hour.
Please email your current resume with a cover letter to:
Mary Clifford, Director of Indigenous Early Years
Email: [email protected]
Please include the following in your subject line: Casual Childminder Position
Please Note: We encourage all qualified people to apply; however, preference will be given to Indigenous people. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.